Effects Of Charcoal Toothpaste On Enamel
Activated charcoal toothpaste is made up of natural substances such as coconut shells, bamboo, wood, nuts and more. The results of using it regularly may be overwhelming, but at the same time, they put your teeth and enamel at risk. Tooth enamel is roughened up by the regular use of Activated Charcoal; hence, bacteria easily stick to your teeth. Thus, there’s a high risk of plaque, cavities and other dental diseases. Due to this fact, doctors recommend using charcoal toothpaste in combination with other regular toothpaste. Below, we will discuss the effects of charcoal toothpaste on enamel.
What Is Activated Charcoal Toothpaste?
The fact is known that Activated Charcoal Toothpaste is used to whiten your teeth and it is used by a lot of people globally. Activated Charcoal Toothpaste is in powder or paste form made up of the use of natural substances and gases. It traps chemicals which decays into the tooth enamel. There are claims that the activated charcoal can reduce toxins from your teeth which leave your teeth whitened and clean. Although, there are no studies to prove that there are no drawbacks of using Activated Charcoal Toothpaste, however, a lot of users have shared their positive response after using this toothpaste.
Effects Of Charcoal On Enamel
- The Activated Charcoal where removes toxic elements and cleanse your teeth leave the enamel of your teeth rough and thus, at risk. Regular use of Activated Charcoal can put your teeth at risk of attracting bacteria.
- Activated Charcoal Toothpaste If Use Solely, Puts Your Teeth At Risk.
- According to dental experts, many of the Activated Charcoal Toothpaste available today do not contain enough fluoride to protect our teeth against decay.
- Some research shows that Activated Charcoal when used on teeth, increases the roughness of enamel, which causes bacteria to stick easily to the surface.
- Many dentists worldwide, do not recommend Activated Charcoal Toothpaste to their patients due to its manufacturers’ non-verified Health & Safety plans.
Benefits Of Using Activated Charcoal Toothpaste
- Although the safety of Activated Charcoal Toothpaste is uncertain, it whitens our teeth.
- Activated Charcoal can stick to the tooth enamels so that we can easily brush away stains.
- Activated Charcoal Toothpaste also eliminates bad breath due to its “adsorption” property that helps to eliminate bacteria effectively.